Software Developer - C# .NET
We believe in better. And we make it happen.
Better content. Better products. And better careers.
Working in Tech, Product or Data at Sky is about building the next and the new. From broadband to broadcast, streaming to mobile, SkyQ to Sky Glass, we never stand still. We optimise and innovate.
We turn big ideas into the products, content and services millions of people love.
And we do it all right here at Sky.
Our team develops and operates Sky's Broadcast infrastructure and content delivery systems across DTH, On Demand and Advertising delivery platforms. The successful candidate will work with a team of highly skilled Developers, Test and Reliability engineers, collectively ensuring that the right content arrives at the right destination at the right time.Content technology and innovation
Our Content Technology and Innovation team delivers high-quality content to homes, customer devices, businesses and commercial partners across our European markets. With over 2500 colleagues from around the world, we combine our strategic insights, engineering know-how and operational excellence to use the most innovative technologies to create and distribute our award-winning content.What you'll do:
- Responsible for contributing to and helping shape technical direction, while delivering day-to-day in a delivery team
- Design, develop, test and support new micro-service applications; that scale predictably, facilitate development across multiple developers and teams and promote maintainability and extensibility.
- Offer advice and guidance around design, architectural decisions and code quality.
- Maintain and contribute to software delivery principles and guidelines based on internal Sky standards and industry best-practice.
- Enhance and support existing production applications / platform.
- Once sufficiently trained, provide 3rd line support for production services, as part of team rota.
- Extensive system development knowledge with .NET (C#), SQL (e.g., Oracle, SQL Server)
- Applied knowledge of software engineering best practice and software development methodologies. e.g. XP, Scrum, design patterns, SOLID principles, Test Driven Development, Object Oriented design and implementation, APIs (REST etc.)
- Experience with automated testing frameworks (e.g. Spock, pytest, etc).
- Experience of working with Message Queuing (e.g. ActiveMQ)
- Experience with configuration and build tools (e.g. Jenkins, Octopus deploy, TeamCity and GitHub).
There's one thing people can't stop talking about when it comes to #LifeAtSky: the perks. Here's a taster:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- The magic of Sky Glass at an exclusive rate
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- A wide range of Sky VIP rewards and experiences
The world has changed. And so have we. We've embraced hybrid working and split our time between unique office spaces and the convenience of working from home.
You'll find out more about what hybrid working looks like for your role later on in the recruitment process.Your office space Osterley
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There are also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you'll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed, and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Inventive, forward-thinking minds come together to work in Tech, Product and Data at Sky. It's a place where you can explore what if, how far, and what next.
But better doesn't stop at what we do, it's how we do it, too. We embrace each other's differences. We support our community and contribute to a sustainable future for our business and the planet.
If you believe in better, we'll back you all the way.