Brand Manager VOD (FTC)
Brand Manager VOD (FTC)
A little bit about our team
UKTV's MarComms team which includes Marketing, Creative, Media Planning, Social and Comms is responsible for advancing UKTV's growth and popularity. The award-winning team devises effective, efficient, and innovative marketing strategies for the network and its brands. The team has contributed to the network's strong market share and revenue growth, as well as launch and growth of UKTV Play - our Video-on-Demand platform.
The UKTV Play Marketing team is part of the Marketing and Digital Products teams and is responsible for leading brand & performance growth of our VOD player.
Purpose of the role
Reporting into the VOD Marketing Manager, the main purpose of this role is to support UKTV Play's multi-media campaigns & execution & team ways of working and process. You will be an integral part of the team, helping us bring the brand to life through integrated marketing communications. You will be responsible for leading quarterly promotional campaigns across our own airtime as well as supporting a large brand project with the goal to grow brand awareness KPIs. You will support brand campaign delivery across paid media working across a cross functional team and be a responsible brand guardian for our brand. You will align closely with other members of the team creating marketing plans that drive customers through the marketing funnel from awareness to viewing
In this role you will get to:
- Create and deliver campaigns for UKTV Play that raise awareness of our player and bring our brand to life
- Lead multiple projects & briefs on budget, concurrently from inception to implementation, marketing delivery and evaluation
- Collaborate across teams, functions and agencies, bringing teams together to help deliver best-in-class marketing campaigns
- As part of a small & nimble team, you will have the chance to make a real difference to one of the UKTV's VOD player brands.
We are looking for someone who has:
- A genuine passion and interest in tv entertainment
- An understanding of the TV industry (Pay and Free VOD services), content, and key competitors
- A hunger to learn marketing systems and build strong brands
- A sound understanding of a range of marketing techniques and demonstrable experience campaign management
- A passion for ensuring all marketing work is diverse and has intersectional representation
- Experience working with media partners and delivering varying assets as well as optimising spend and planning
- Either working with agencies, or internal creative departments; a track record of building consumer-centric plans and briefs, leading small creative campaigns
- Experience in stakeholder management
Who you are
- Strong inter personal skills and a relationship builder
- Track record of brand management and growing brand KPIs
- Experience in delivering 360 marketing campaigns
- Have worked with agency partners on creative campaigns
- Experience in senior stakeholder management and having accountability for performance
- Experience in relationship management and communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across several departments (e.g., Media Agencies, Social, Comms, Creative).
- You take a proactive and flexible approach to work and are comfortable with a dynamic environment with constantly changing priorities
- Anticipates issues and involves line manager early to make the right decisions / priority calls.
- Great organisation and project management skills and able to manage multiple projects concurrently constantly assess prioritisation and best place to spend time
What you will do (role specification)
- Key player in delivering our brand marketing campaigns through our 360 campaign process across Marcomms which includes: Kick-off, brief writing contribution, creative review and managing feedback, stakeholder management and sign-off, working closely with production to coordinate creative response and delivery, management of media plan through to post campaign analysis.
- You will understand the relative roles of media and marketing mix to address brand challenges
- With your Marketing Manager and Media Planning Manager, deliver quarterly promotional campaigns that land our key messages and shows in our tv airtime.
- You will complete key administrative tasks within the channel marketing team, including supporting budget management and post-campaign performance tracking / reporting
Campaign Planning and Delivery:
- Responsible for campaigns and projects across the marketing mix
- Delivery creative best practice in everything we do
- Responsible compliance approval, legal and rights issues relating to digital and TV content as well as specific areas such as data protection.
- Responds quickly to events where needed
- Ensures high quality of marketing content, working with marketers to ensure brand consistency and overall tone; ensures consistency of output with the marketing and comms teams
- Track and report marketing spend and manage your budget closely with Finance
- Responsible for ensuring marketing activity lives up to the `brand promise.
Data & Insight:
- Responsible for working with our Insight team to track & monitor campaigns and ensure we have the necessary levels of consumer insight to generate effective plans & campaigns
- Uses wider TV behaviour and consumer insight in your plans.
Don't have all the above, don't let that stop you! Here are some additional skills that we would like to hear about:
- Marketing or Brand qualifications
Diversity & Inclusion Commitment
At UKTV, our inclusion vision is to truly represent society in our workforce and on-screen, and create a culture of fairness and respect where we champion difference so that every person feels included and empowered to do their best work. We are committed to ensuring a level playing field at UKTV where all employees and job applicants are given equal opportunity, and that we have diverse voices at the table in everything we do. We welcome applications from everyone and we want UKTV to be a place where you can be your authentic self, give your best and develop your career free from discrimination of any kind.