Metadata Operations sit within Content Supply Chain, based at Sky's headquarters in Osterley. The team is responsible for managing & maintaining all of the metadata that powers content discovery features & EPG listings across Sky Q, Sky+, Sky Go, Now TV & sky.com
As a Metadata Executive you will help manage a feed of enhanced metadata that powers content discovery features & EPG listings across Sky Glass, Sky Q, Sky+, Sky Go, Now & sky.comWhat you'll do:
- Help to manage key content genres - QA, curation & maintenance of all associated metadata tasks using our in-house CMS (e.g. cast/crew info, imagery, live/premiere flags etc)
- Own a portfolio of TV & radio channels; ensuring editorial/technical accuracy of schedule metadata
- Ensure automated matching processes run successfully & flag/resolve where issues arise; process late schedule changes for Sky channels where required
- Tag titles with key attributes, as well as manage/maintain Sky's internal tag vocabulary
- Ensuring relevancy, quality & coverage of images, across catalogues; fixing where required
- Maintaining channel/provider logos, ensuring all brands are correct & up to date
- Ensuring all data conforms to Sky and Ofcom guidelines and specifications
- Monitoring output & features across all downstream clients (Sky Q, Sky+, Sky Go, Now TV, sky.com)
- Work with internal teams & partners to help launch new channels/providers
- Building & maintaining relationships with key teams, both internal and external
- Ensuring all metadata is timely, accurate and of the highest quality
- Involves working to the team's variable shift pattern
- Comfortable working with large volumes of data (and meticulous in your approach)
- Great at planning, organising & prioritising a busy workload
- Tenacious, but diplomatic when required
- Excellent communications skills
- The ability to work to tight deadlines, independently and under pressure
- Confident in working autonomously, whilst maintaining a team ethic
- Passionate about TV, movies & sport
- Passionate about customer experience and Sky's long-term success
We're the Product Hub. We're the team behind your favourite Sky products, and the platforms that power them. We make every moment magical, everywhere. Our team is made up of self-motivated, big thinkers who have a knack for solving problems and find new ways to captivate millions of customers by putting them at the heart of everything we do. From Sky Glass, Sky Q, Peacock and NOW to news and sports apps, we make entertainment even better and we can't wait to get started on what's next.Content Technology and Innovation
Our Content Technology and Innovation team delivers high-quality content to homes, customer devices, businesses and commercial partners across our European markets. With over 2500 colleagues from around the world, we combine our strategic insights, engineering know-how and operational excellence to use the most innovative technologies to create and distribute our award-winning content.The Rewards:
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
We know the world has changed, and we want to offer our employees the chance to collaborate at our unique office spaces, whilst enjoying the convenience of working from home.
We've adopted a hybrid working approach to give more flexibility on where and how we work. You'll find out more about what this means for this role during the recruitment process.Your office base:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There's also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you'll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.Inclusion:
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we've been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we've committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We've also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.