Media Coordinator - Metadata
The primary focus of this role is on the process critical task of manual matching and initial QA for VOD/OTT/Linear content within MDMA/Comet systems. In doing so, metadata content ingested from our suppliers for events are confirmed against the scheduled programmes so that Sky customers can view key information influencing the choices made, and recommendations received.What you'll do:
- Matching received content to the appropriate programme on Sky core systems.
- Completing initial QA screening of ingested content, as prioritised, after match highlighting and raising any issues with metadata (i.e.. Title, imagery, synopsis, etc) for resolution potentially to third parties.
- Ensure priority metadata conforms to Sky and Ofcom guidelines and specification as part of QA activity as required.
- Completing above activities within required time and quality standards.
- As part of the team, and through personal work, collaborating on identification and testing of supplier, system and process improvement opportunities.
- Complete ad-hoc activities as assigned by team leadership.
- Ability to work in shift patterns between 6:30am and 10pm, weekdays and weekends.
- Whilst being comfortable working as part of a larger team, person needs to be able to self-motivate and remain productive without extensive one-on-one supervision.
- Great track record at planning, organising & prioritising a busy workload.
- The ability to work to tight deadlines, independently and under pressure.
- Comfortable skills working with large volumes of data (and meticulous in your approach).
- A passion about customer experience and Sky's long-term success.
- An interest in TV shows, movies & sport.
We're the Product Hub. We're the team behind your favourite Sky products, and the platforms that power them. We make every moment magical, everywhere. Our team is made up of self-motivated, big thinkers who have a knack for solving problems and find new ways to captivate millions of customers by putting them at the heart of everything we do. From Sky Glass, Sky Q, Peacock and NOW to news and sports apps, we make entertainment even better and we can't wait to get started on what's next.Content Technology and Innovation
Our Content Technology and Innovation team delivers high-quality content to homes, customer devices, businesses and commercial partners across our European markets. With over 2500 colleagues from around the world, we combine our strategic insights, engineering know-how and operational excellence to use the most innovative technologies to create and distribute our award-winning content.The Rewards:
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
We know the world has changed, and we want to offer our employees the chance to collaborate at our unique office spaces, whilst enjoying the convenience of working from home.
We've adopted a hybrid working approach to give more flexibility on where and how we work. You'll find out more about what this means for this role during the recruitment process.Your office base:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There's also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you'll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.Inclusion:
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we've been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we've committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We've also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.