Software Developer in Test
The overall purpose of the role is to develop, and maintain software to test and integrate the different Sky products. You will develop the test frameworks, tools and scripts required by the testers to perform both functional and non-functional testing across our platforms.What you'll do:
- Continuous development, improvement and administration of our Python based automation test framework, while adhering to industry standard software development practices.
- Work as part of an effective self-organising and disciplined team to achieve repeatable success. Recognise that team success is more important than individual success.
- Develop and assist in the design of the assigned projects.
- Participate in planning, estimations and reviews of projects.
- Gain experience of our extensive broadcast platforms
- A deep understanding of Software Testing.
- Extensive development experience with Python, C# and ideally Java.
- Experience of microservices
- Experience within a software development team as a Developer, SDET or Test Automator.
- Hands on experience using Continuous Integration tools (Hudson, Jenkins etc.), version control solutions (GIT, SVN etc.), databases (MongoDB) and API tools (Postman).
- Fast problem solving capabilities
- Strong communication skills with the ability to guide others along with a proactive can do demeanour.
Our Content Technology and Innovation team delivers high-quality content to homes, customer devices, businesses and commercial partners across our European markets. With over 2500 colleagues from around the world, we combine our strategic insights, engineering know-how and operational excellence to use the most innovative technologies to create and distribute our award-winning content.The Rewards:
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There's also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you'll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.Inclusion:
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we've been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we've committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We've also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.