Senior Automation Tester
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
We are expanding the team to work on exciting new projects and platforms, and are creating new systems and features that make using them a great customer experience, such as streaming on a variety of platforms, great new ways to discover, search, access and consume content, set up and control of devices, analytics etc.
What you'll do:
- Test the user interface for Sky Q Satellite, Linux, Windows, Mac, Android and iOS devices
- Identify and write acceptance criteria for each user story
- Create automation tests that are robust, concise and readable
- Work with a large team, on a large, complex codebase
- Drive the best technology and testing practices into the team with passion and enthusiasm
- Strive for continuous improvement within the team
- Participate in all Agile ceremonies
What you'll bring:
- Object-oriented Programming skills, preferably Python
- Test automation with tools such as or similar to Selenium or Squish
- Experience of exploratory testing and ability to design and execute effective test cases
- Communication & team work
- Knowledge of Linux, shell script and Jira
- User interface testing on devices
- Knowledge of defect and sprint tracking tools
- Experience of an automation tool such as Selenium or Squish
Group Product: We're the team behind the infamous Sky products line-up. From Sky+ to Sky Q. From hardware and software to intricate design. Could you help us turn an idea into the next big thing? As a team, we're collaborative, empowered and innovative - together, we're proud that everyone's favourite Sky products are #MadeByUs.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There's also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you'll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.Inclusion:
Recognised as an 'Inclusive Top 50 Employer' and a 'Times Top 50 Employer for Women', we're working hard to ensure we're a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and the potential you'll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, So we're happy to support you as much as we can with the option to start and finish earlier or later depending on your needs
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.