Senior React / NodeJS Developer
Digital Technology is at the heart of providing outstanding customer service. We touch every part of a Sky customer's experience meaning we solve a wide range of problems creatively and no two days are the same. You will be joining a diverse team where the focus is collaboration, doing what's best for the customer and our people, and having some fun whilst we do it.
What you'll do:
- Create high quality software using agile methodologies
- Utilise techniques such as TDD and Pair Programming
- Participate in the full software life cycle, including support and continuous integration
- Drive continuous improvement within a self-regulating team
- Have plenty of opportunity to learn new things, as well as coaching and mentoring others
What you'll bring:
- Good knowledge of React and NodeJS
- Strong Frontend experience with HTML and CSS.
- Knowledge of other technologies such as GraphQL and TypeScript.
- Demonstrable experience of software development for high capacity, high traffic, high availability websites/systems
- Delivery experience within agile projects
- Problem solving and creative thinking
Team overview:Group Technology Digital Transformation
Want to create a smooth and uninterrupted digital experience for millions of customers? Then our Group Technology Digital Transformation is the team for you. Agile, collaborative, data-driven and diverse, our team works on brilliant products like NOW and Peacock. That's not even the best part. We get to build our own software and our work has a global stage. Our team also delivers exceptional customer experiences and defines digital first propositions in customer journeys across all channels.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
How you'll work:
We know the world has changed, and we want to offer our employees the chance to collaborate at our unique office spaces, whilst enjoying the convenience of working from home.
We've adopted a hybrid working approach to give more flexibility on where and how we work. You'll find out more about what this means for this role during the recruitment process.
Your office base: Leeds:
Our spacious tech hub is under a mile away from Leeds train station. There's also plenty of parking in the surrounding streets and at the nearby CitiPark.
You can also blow off steam over a game of pool or table tennis, and stay fit at our subsidised gym.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we've been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we've committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We've also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, So we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.