Service Support Manager
Within Digital Transformation, DC Labs are responsible for supporting and maintaining the online shopping and account management experiences of our TV, Broadband, Talk and Mobile customers across our Online services and the My Sky apps. These are some of the biggest digital experiences around and deliver a top-quality service to all our customers daily.
What you'll do:
* Ensure an excellent quality of service for our customers by overseeing the support team to supervise incidents and proactively seeking service improvements with our technology and incident management teams.
* Lead and mentor a distributed team of Support Analysts across several high-profile and high-volume web services.
* Continue to lead and shape the support strategy across sky.com and My Sky apps as well as continue the evolution of the Operating Model across DC Labs.
* Assess, advocate and drive improvements in the observability of our services whilst ensuring performance and KPI metrics are maintained and scrutinized.
* Manage clear and effective communications of the risks and performance to senior stakeholders and influence or lobby for improvements.
* Maintain and drive improvements in capturing the state of our services through configuration management and service mapping.
* Be an escalation route for some out of hours support and assist in special events and releases.
What you'll bring:
* Experience in leading a Support Team responsible for several high-volume or high-profile customer facing online services where reliability and delivery need balancing.
* Be an excellent communicator who can deliver the right message at all levels of the organisation.
* An ability to influence and build relationships with stakeholders, technology teams and partners across the business.
* Have a detailed understanding of what it takes to run modern web applications and services with and appreciation for aspects of networking, databases and software delivery principles.
* Be an inquisitive and determined problem solver who can employ critical thinking and analysis to multiple concerns.
* Have experience shaping support strategies and ITSM (IT Service Management) frameworks and tooling.
Group Technology Digital Transformation
Want to create a smooth and uninterrupted digital experience for millions of customers? Then our Group Technology Digital Transformation is the team for you. Agile, collaborative, data-driven and diverse, our team works on brilliant products like NOW and Peacock. That's not even the best part. We get to build our own software and our work has a global stage. Our team also delivers exceptional customer experiences and defines digital first propositions in customer journeys across all channels.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
* Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
* A generous pension package
* Private healthcare
* Discounted mobile and broadband
* Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
How you'll work:
We know the world has changed, and we want to offer our employees the chance to collaborate at our unique office spaces, whilst enjoying the convenience of working from home.
We've adopted a hybrid working approach to give more flexibility on where and how we work. You'll find out more about what this means for this role during the recruitment process.
Your office base:
Our spacious tech hub is under a mile away from Leeds train station. There's also plenty of parking in the surrounding streets and at the nearby CitiPark.
You can also blow off steam over a game of pool or table tennis and stay fit at our subsidised gym.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we've been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we've committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We've also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.