Start your own Twinkleboost Speech and Language Franchise: Build a business and Make a difference, all whilst working part time and flexibly around your family!
Twinkleboost is a multi-award-winning social enterprise, improving children’s life outcomes through multisensory communication classes and parent coaching, led by Speech and Language Therapy Assistants.
We are looking for passionate and outgoing individuals with at least 2 years experience working with children to start their own flexible, part time Twinkleboost business
Twinkleboost is now expanding across the UK through a social franchising model. Mini franchising with Twinkleboost is an opportunity to retrain as a professional Speech & Language Therapy Assistant, while helping to improve long-term social, educational and economic outcomes for local children.
You’ll be at the forefront of bringing Twinkleboost’s services into your own community. You will deliver a mix of parent and child communication classes and community sessions in deprived areas financed by grant funding.
Twinkleboost’s mini franchise model is designed not just with client families in mind, but with yours, too. That’s why it’s specially set up to create a model of social entrepreneurship and a professional career path during school hours and term times.
As a Twinkleboost business owner, you will be instrumental in supporting children to access early speech and language support. You will support hundreds of families to access our programme each year, making a difference and changing lives for the better.
Each Twinkleboost Mini Franchisee can expect to support an incredible 113 children and their families each week.
Join the Twinkleboost waiting list here
Twinkleboost are seeking franchise partners who are interested in:
- Part-time, term-time only working patterns
- Becoming a Social Entrepreneur – running your own purpose led business
- Retraining as a Speech and Language Therapy Assistant – gaining new skills in Speech & Language therapy
- Becoming part of a dedicated, enthusiastic network of professionals
- Making a difference in your own community by improving the life outcomes of local children – including those with special educational needs and disabilities, as well as those living in areas of deprivation
- Training and coaching parents to help them carry on this important work at home
The ideal Twinkleboost franchisee will be:
- Chatty – You’ll be facilitating training and leading baby classes designed to help little ones get a grasp of their vocabulary.
- Friendly – Part of Twinkleboost’s mission is to service hard-to-reach communities, those most in need. A friendly personality and non-judgemental approach is a must.
- Keen to learn – Twinkleboost is committed to supporting franchisees through not just initial training, but also ongoing development to stay on top of best practices in children’s language development.
- A performer – Keeping babies and children engaged takes creative thinking and an ability to capture their attention. And the same goes for the grown-ups!
- Business-minded and professional – Running a Twinkleboost franchise is fun and flexible. But it also a professional career path – requiring regular clinical supervision, ongoing CPD and liaison with a range of other professionals and support organisations. An ability to use Social Media is a must.
- This opportunity may especially suit teachers, nursery workers, speech & language therapists, youth workers, and other professionals with experience in working with young children and families who may be looking for a professional change.
Join the Twinkleboost waiting list here
Training & Support
As a Social Enterprise, we are able to offer an exceptional programme of training and support to mini franchisees. This is to help you build professional career skills as a Speech and Language Therapy Assistant and develop the business and marketing skills you need to succeed:
This programme of support includes:
- A Monthly Clinical Supervision programme package, consisting of 1:1 supervision and group supervision sessions to extend your knowledge and support your practice.
- Quarterly Research Updates to keep you up to date with the latest research in the sector
- 3 Online Mini CPD courses per year, created by our Specialist Team
- An Annual Study day held at Manchester Metropolitan University
- A programme of business mentoring from our Chief Executive Officer to get you started
- Access to our Twinkleboost Support forum, where Twinkleboost SLTA’s and business owners can answer your questions and cheer you on!
All Twinkleboost franchisees are required to undertake Clinical training, which includes: Introductory Clinical Training programme
- Introductory Clinicla Training Progarmme
- Module 1: Best Practice in Supporting Speech and Language Development in the Early Years
- Module 2: Person centred approaches to supporting children with SLCN
- Module 3: Supporting the communication of children with learning disabilities
- Module 4: Mental Health and new parents (training delivered by a Clinical Psychologist)
- Module 5: Community Class Training
- Module 6: Practical Training in Twinkleboost’s values and service delivery
Alongside clinical training we provide a programme of business training and support delivered by our Chief Executive Officer. This includes:
• Launch strategies and marketing
• Volunteer Induction and Training
• Outreach work in the community
The total investment to start your own Twinkleboost Mini Franchise is £3600 or just £69.60 per month with a government backed Start up Loan. This is made up of a £2500 franchisee fee and £1100 Equipment fee.
Ongoing fees are 8% per year and a monthly Clinical Supervision and CPD fee of £19.
Twinkleboost Mini Franchising is designed as a part time opportunity to fit around your family. With your own Twinkleboost Mini Franchise, you can make a difference at the same time as supporting your own family financially.
In a typical 16 hour week (including all marketing, personal development and administration time) you can earn £21 per hour after costs.
Your income streams:
As a Twinkleboost Mini Franchisee you will have three income streams.
- Paid classes; you will run communication classes for parents and toddlers paid at £4-5.50 per class).
- Grant Income: You will deliver a free class to families living in areas of deprivation or for local children with disabilities. You will be paid a set fee to deliver this support from Twinkleboost CIC.
- Twinkleboost Parties; You will offer a birthday party programme for Twinkleboost children at approximately £75 before costs.
The more successful you are, the more lives you can change. We are committed to providing you with everything you need to create a successful business.
As part of the Mini Franchise Package you will receive:
- Your own exclusive territory
- A personalised email address and Branded T shirt
- Recruitment, DBS checks and specialist training for your first two volunteers
- All policies and risk assessments, including risk assessment and child protection training
- A Twinkleboost branded equipment pack worth £1500
- All Twinkleboost bespoke graphics, visuals and supports
- All Twinkleboost Checklists to help you get the most out of your sessions
- Twinkleboost Operations Manual
- A Twinkleboost Online Social Media Training Pack, Social Media Content Plan and Social media content checklists
- Twinkleboost digital resources pack including all Twinkleboost strategies and a bank of professionally made photos to get you started
- A Launch pack with checklists to help you ace your first 60 days
- A Twinkleboost Programme Manual, containing all session plans and scripts
- Twinkleboost Session Cue cards to support you at the beginning
- Email templates and Speech Therapy videos for our digital programme of support for parents
- A Twinkleboost outreach pack, to help you build relationships with local support organisations including the NHS, charities and children’s centres
- Support packs and Scripts to help you gain access to discounted or free venues
- Certificate templates to Award successful parents
- Access to our grant writers to gain grant funding for sessions in deprived areas or for children with additional needs
- A bank of ‘How to’ videos to help you navigate common scenario’s
- A PR checklist including press release templates to help you get your name out there and share your success
- Support to enter business award programmes
- A programme of Clinical Training
- Study workbooks for modules 1 and 2
- Access to a programme of Clinical Supervision (at a subsidised rate of £19 per month).
- Access to quarterly research digests to keep you up to date with the latest news in the field
- Access to 3 bespoke Online CPD courses per year
- Access to our support team
- Access to an online forum to discuss progress and share tips
- Access to a business Mentoring programme from our multi award winning Founder and CEO Hannah
- Access to an Annual Study day at MMU
Join the Twinkleboost waiting list here