From £299 Plus VAT
What kinds of flexible jobs are out there for older workers? We take a look.
Here we are at the Atlantis in Dubai for our 2017 Conference.
Everybody loves to talk about travel, where they have been, their experiences and where they want to go next. In 2017 we took 72.8million trips out of the UK spending £44.8billion. Over the last twenty years the true travel professional has moved out of the high street in favour of working from home. Our technology ensures you can run your business, your way, from your home. The sky is truly the limit when it comes to earning potential. You decide the hours you want to work but the more time you invest in your business the greater the earning potential.
Travel-pa offers the franchisor the opportunity to run an exciting dynamic business working around the demands of their family. We, are a family owned and run business. Everyone here is passionate about travel! As we go from strength to strength we continue to be joined by like-minded, fanatical about travel, passionate, dedicated people.
As the owner of your own travel business you will spend your days:
• Developing your travel knowledge and skills
• Networking in your neighbourhood
• Planning, quoting and booking exotic and exciting holidays
• Developing relationships with your clients
• Discovering the best deals on the market
• Obtaining first hand knowledge by joining worldwide familiarisation trips for travel trade professionals
• Sharing ideas with other Travel-pa experts
• Joining ship visits to experience what the cruise world today has to offer
• Working your marketing and social media portals
• Planning and implementing your marketing initiatives
• Attending tour operator and tourist board training sessions
Established in 2012, Travel-pa is the retail and wholesale homeworking division of Sunset Travel Ltd. Sunset is one of the oldest independent family run travel businesses and was established in 1980 and has been one of the pioneers in luxury travel for nearly 40 years.
With over 70 homebased travel professionals, it is the fastest growing subsidiary within the group. The homeworking commission-based role provides the tools necessary for you to establish your ‘OWN TRAVEL BUSINESS’.
Travel-pa have all licenses required for you to trade legally, be professionally indemnified and have an instant online presence as well as being completely independent to allow you to offer great flexibility and choice to your customers.
We take great pride in our ongoing technological advancements from our bespoke developments to allow you access to a wide range of suppliers to suit your client needs and budget.The majority of travel agents today concentrate on small supplier lists. We prefer to concentrate on you and your customer. We allow you to tap into all the bonded suppliers, a truly massive list, to ensure you match the right holiday to the right client.
We have an Intranet providing access to our systems, support tools and messenger system to speak to your fellow franchisees. Our unique wholesale system ‘Travellusions’ used by our sister tour operator ‘Sunset Faraway Holidays’ and ‘LuxuryHolidaysDirect.com’ gives you access to net rate flights on almost all carriers as well as access to a wholesale bed stock. This of course means little to you! Don’t worry! We will explain it all at your training, but what it means is you will have the edge on your competitors!
You do not need to have travelled extensively, all experiences are beneficial, but you do need to be passionate about our exciting industry – travel.
You need to have networking skills.
You need a can-do attitude.
You need an eye for detail.
You must want to deliver the best customer service.
You must have a drive to succeed.
You will develop and run your own travel business. But you are not alone!You will be supported by Travel-pa, a 40 year old successful family run business alongside a team who have all grown and developed their own travel businesses. We will share your challenges and successes every inch of the way!
• As soon as you sign-up (payment plan available) you will have access to the online modular training course with over 70 training videos to assist you. You can start the modules straight away! You work at your pace with no deadlines but your own.
• As a people business we like to share and support your training. You will join us at out Head Office in Croydon initially for a four day training course, followed a couple of weeks later by a two day training course and some months later by a further day (accommodation provided).
• You will have access to the full travel trades on-line learning systems.
• You will access to Travel-pa training days
• You will access to trade training days (once minimum training requirements have been met)
• You will be offered a guaranteed place on our first annual overseas conference on graduating the Academy (once minimum training requirements have been met)
• You will have access to overseas familiarization trips on graduating the Academy
• You will have access to our Management Team
• You will have access to our Training and Support Team
• You will have access to our Administration Team who will take over the admin for your bookings
• You will access to our Accounts Team
• You will have access to our Flights Team
• You will have access to the Sunset Faraway booking system and back-up team
• You will have access to our Web Designer and Marketing Manager
• You will have access to our online intranet
If you are considering your own travel business, but feel to reach your true potential you would like to belong to a community of friendly like-minded people, we are ready to help.
We have witnessed people from all walks of life create outstanding travel business but the things that they all have in common are:
• Staying power
• A determination to obtain a work/life balance that works for them
• People skills
(Should you already run your own travel business or currently work in travel, we offer a Travel-pa two-day conversion course which on completion ensures you are ready to go! If you have had a travel career in the past and want to reactivate your travel business but need to enhance your knowledge or skill set, we are here to support you. After a two day residential course we offer an add-on self-study course to ensure you are ready to sell all aspects of travel in this ever evolving industry. This program will also suit the travel professional who has only sold one area of travel.)
Travel is an exciting industry. An industry anyone can learn. Travel-pa are devoted to ensuring you have the tools at your disposal to build your own successful travel business. If you love to travel and want to become your own boss bring your dedication and passion to Travel-pa.
To start your journey email us with your address and telephone number we will arrange a convenient time for an initial chat.
We have two joining options
Travel Agent/Homeworker Conversion course
(you must have either been a Travel agent or home based travel consultant previously)
For the experienced Travel Consultant
£299 + VAT
Training course with trainer for the professional with no travel experience
£5000 + VAT
(payable via an instalment payment plan)
Previously I worked in a school around my children, I wanted more of a challenge, but what could I do with children to be around for?
I have always been interested in travel, who isn’t? We have always booked our holidays through a travel agent who works for Travel-PA so when I spotted an advert on workingmums for franchisee’s I was extremely interested.
After a few telephone conversations, I took the plunge and decided to join and have never looked back! I am almost a year in now, why oh why didn’t I do this years ago!
I run my own business from home – I have a little office set up in my garden where I spend my working hours. I have the flexibility to spend time with my children or meet friends for lunch, I work my own hours, no pressure, no complying with set working hours. On those cold winter mornings I grab a cuppa and work as little time as I need to/wish to. Now that is perfect!